Saturday 1 April 2017

J&L: Jagowl & Litepaw (10)

Lambert's Circus, Kensington

Jago: "Did that cabbie seem a little odd to you, Professor? He's sped off without accepting a fare!"

Litefoot: "Perhaps he took umbrage with our bizarre visage? Frankly I can't say I blame the man."

Jago: "Hmm. Place appears deserted, or at least down to a skeleton crew. There's nobody around."

Litefoot: "All the better to sneak in undetected."

Jago: "Unless it's a trap."

Litefoot: "I'd be surprised if it wasn't a trap old chap, but we don't have much choice, given our current predicament."

Jago: "We'll isn't that good for morale. May as well start in Lambert's office, if I can remember the way. Back into the viper's nest."

Litefoot: "Given the cove's penchant for animal experimentation, that could very well be an apt expression indeed."

Jago: "Perish the thought. I mean, how could he think that this monstrous metamorphosis is the next stage of humanity? These feathers are chafing inside my suit something fierce."

Litefoot: "There are certain advantages however. My eyesight has never been quite so keen and the last time I felt this agile was in my gymnastic days."

Jago: "You don't mean to say that you actually want to retain your feline form?"

Litefoot: "Heavens no! I was merely expressing an understanding of the logic behind Lambert's scheme, twisted though it may be."

Jago: "Twisted? Dashed unnatural I'd say. The mere thought sends shivers down my spine, let alone observing my avian appearance. I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror."

Litefoot: "Chin up, Henry. We'll soon be back to our old selves, as soon as we can get some answers out of Lambert."

Jago: "I certainly hope so. It's just through here. Quickly, while it's unoccupied."

Litefoot: "Tidier than I expected, given the man's background. Most of the documentation on the desk here is... administrative paperwork."

Jago: "Too much to expect a scrap of paper with the words 'secret antidote' to be squirrelled away on his desk."

Litefoot: "When has any of our investigations been so straightforward? His laboratory must be somewhere nearby though; On the premises, somewhere secluded yet within ease of access to this office."

Jago: "A secret passage perhaps? Some kind of private passageway? Say, do you feel that?"

Litefoot: "Feel what? My word Henry, your feathers are visibly ruffled!"

Jago: "There's a current in the air, a tiny breeze, a barely noticed draft. Maybe there are a few perks to these animal instincts."

Litefoot: "I feel it too! But where is it coming from? It's stronger here, by the bookshelf. Give me a hand, would you?"

Jago: "The best I can do is a wing, George."

Litefoot: "A-ha, there's a switch to the side here. Press it and... *click* the lock is disengaged. Help me swing the case open."

No comments:

Post a Comment