Thursday 15 September 2016

J&L: Game, Sutekh & Match (4)

The Red Tavern

PGL: "Mars, Doctor?"

Doctor: "Yeah, come along! Admittedly, it's not as nice as Venus, but beggars can't be choosers when the Universe is in danger. Ellie, thanks for the tea, but we have to be off."

*A resounding THUD as a large mass strikes the door of the Red Tavern*

Ellie: "Use the bloody 'andle! Blimey, it's early to be that drunk. Fred, if that's you trying to get in, I swear..."

*THUD THUD*

Ellie: "Honestly! 'Ee'll take it off the 'inges if 'ee ain't careful."

*A sudden splintering of wood and the door falls inwards. Gasps and cries come from the assembled patrons*

HGJ: "Corks! One of Sutekh's mummified monstrosities!"

Doctor: "Aghhhh. It's an Osirian service robot. An animated construct controlled by Sutekh's sheer willpower."

PGL: "Damn tricky to take down too. Dashed thing is mostly hollow, so most damage passes straight through it!"

HGJ: "Pity, I was looking forward to a fight. Suppose we'll have to make a tactical retreat?"

PGL: "He's far from agile, Henry. I'm sure we can take him. I believe fire was effective, the last time I faced on of these coves."

Ellie: "You're not starting any fires in 'ere Professor! The whole place could go up! I 'ave an idea though."

HGJ: "Ellie! Watch out, it's dangerous!"

Ellie: "Yeah, but also slow as snails, Mr. J. I've dealt with far worse at last orders on a Friday night. If I can just duck in near 'im and grab that loose cloth..."

*The mummy swipes far too slowly at Ellie*

Ellie: "Now if I bundle this up... catch Jago!"

HGJ: "A-ha, I think I've spotted you plan. If I catch the bandages, and pass them back on this side..."

Ellie: "We can unravel it!"

PGL: "It's working, already I can see it's internal frame."

Ellie: "Then don't just stand there, whack it! Don't matter what controls it, it can't move with a broken skeleton!"

PGL: "Have at you, you cur!"

*The sounds of battle continue briefly, before ending with a wooden clatter.*

HGJ: "Is it over? Ashamed to admit I'm slightly out of breath. I'm not as spry as I used to be."

PGL: "Doctor, did you hit it over the head with your stool?"

Doctor: "Sorry, got a bit carried away."

Ellie: "You're paying for the damage, it's bloomin' ruined!"

Doctor: "I think we'd best be off gents. Sutekh is sending his agents after us. This is good actually. Means he's afraid that we can stop him."

HGJ: "I'm more concerned about him stopping us, frankly."

PGL: "Ellie, are you coming with us? We could use your expertise."

Ellie: "Nah Professor, someone's got to stay and look after this lot here. You just give Sutekh 'ell on my behalf."

HGJ: "So Mars then? I don't know if I can handle another perilous peregrination in that confounded capsule."

Doctor: "Nonsense Jago, it'll be fun. Allons-y!"

No comments:

Post a Comment