Monday 19 September 2016

J&L: Game, Sutekh & Match (5)

Int: TARDIS

Doctor: "Henry Gordon Jago. Professor Litefoot. Welcome back, to the TARDIS."

PGL: "Doctor, you appear to have renovated the interior architecture!"

HGJ: "I don't much care for it."

Doctor: "Oi! It's alright girl, the bad man doesn't mean it."

PGL: "It's like something from a Jules Verne novel. I'd nearly go so far as to say it appears organic! As if we're standing in the belly of some great coral beast."

Doctor: "Well, that's because she is alive. Sort of. The Time Lords designed TARDIS' to be a fusion of mind and machine, part built, part grown. But in typical Time Lord fashion the interior became stark, white and clinical. But who wants that, eh? It's a time machine, not a washing machine."

HGJ: "You mean to tell me, that we are inside a living creature?! Corks. Here I thought everytime you revered to your vessel with the feminine pronoun it was merely an affectionate affectation, some personal personification on your part."

Doctor: "No, she's alive Jago. And a little bit temperamental at times, so I wouldn't criticize her handling. She gets every so jealous."

HGJ: "Sorry TARDIS, for um, complaining about the roughness of our last journey. Ah! I'll just take this seat here. Strapping myself in should help alleviate the motion sickness."

PGL: "A capital suggestion Henry. Except, I don't see any form of safety harness."

HGJ: "Corks! Aggrrghhhhh!"

*The TARDIS dematerializes with its signature wheezing.*

Doctor: "Haha, Mars! The Red Planet! It's been far too long since I've been. Must arrange a visit when I'm not busy saving the world."

PGL: "Oh dear! Time has done little to stabilize your flight!"

HGJ: "I'd say he's doing it on purpose, Professor."

Doctor: "Oh, lighten up you two. We're just about...."

*With a resounding thud, the engines fall silent once more.*

Doctor: "There. Welcome to Mars. The views are fantastic, but I wouldn't recommend hiking without a spacesuit. Lack of a breathable atmosphere is not the most hospitable of climates."

PGL: "Is it safe to leave the TARDIS then?"

Doctor: "Relatively so. We've landed inside the Pyramid housing the Eye of Horus, so there are life support systems in place. But we are walking into a long abandoned Osirian fortress, so safety is relative."

HGJ: "Should one of us wait behind in the TARDIS? In case Sutekh manages to overpower us, of course."

PGL: "Really Henry!"

Doctor: "No need. I'll set it to phase one second into the future. It'll only reappear when I give the signal."

HGJ: "So, you plan on trapping us here until the cove is defeated."

Doctor: "We can't risk Sutekh getting his hands on my TARDIS. The destruction he could cause with access to space and time doesn't bear contemplating."

PGL: "In which case,Henry, there's nothing for it but to put your best foot forward. For England."

HGL: "For Her Majesty. Let's go, before I change my mind."

Martian Pyramid

PGL: It's a little underwhelming."

HGJ: "I've seen more impressive amateur productions of Shakespeare."

Doctor: "Oh come on! Show some enthusiasm! You're standing on Mars. In a Pyramid! On Mars!"

PGL: "Correction. We're standing in a stone corridor, lot by torches. It doesn't feel very evocative."

Doctor: "Ah. Osirian technology. It's a bit changeable. Sort of like the interior of my TARDIS. That wall there is actually a viewport. If I can just invert the polarity of the plasteel, we should be above to look outside."

PGL: "My goodness!"

HGL: "Such a stunning scene of scarlet spectacle! Such rich ruby rocks, vibrant vermilion vistas!"

Doctor: "That's more like it. But we can't stand here all day, we have a villain to entomb!"

No comments:

Post a Comment