Wednesday 21 September 2016

J&L: Game, Sutekh & Match (9)

Tomb of Sutekh

Sutekh: "See how your precious humans resort to their primitive primal instincts, Doctor? Which one will land the killing blow I wonder? They appear to be grappling intently over the dagger."

Doctor: "Leave them be, Sutekh, final warning."

Sutekh: "What kind of pathetic bluff is this Doctor? Can you not concede defeat in a more graceful way?"

Doctor: "I think you've underestimated humanity by a wide margin, not to mention me. See, there's one thing you haven't factored into your plan...  You're in my mind, limiting my actions."

Sutekh: "You are too dangerous to leave wander freely."

Doctor: "But a door once opened can be crossed in either direction. When you forced yourself into my mind, I slipped into yours."

Sutekh: "A minor issue. My mental acuity is far more powerful than that of a Time Lord."

Doctor: "I don't have to beat you though. Just distract you, keep your focus on me. Hold you back just long enough to weaken your influence on them."

Sutekh: "You think you can stand against me?!"

Doctor: "You'd be surprised how much useless trivia I've acquired over the years. I have experienced lifetimes worth of the universe. Have it all, every memory and experience, brilliant and traumatic alike. Feel my pain, my rage, my sorrow. Try and comprehend the horrors of the Time War, while I run you through five dimensional hyper-physics and Big Brother statistics."

Sutekh: "Your head is crowded Doctor. How do you stand this constant babble of voices? No matter, I can drown them out, you shall tire before I!"

Doctor: "We'll see. But it's already working, the chaps have stopped fighting."

HGJ: "I don't know what came over me..."

PGL: "How could I have intended to harm you?"

HGJ: "My mind is clearing. George, I'm sorry! I didn't mean what I said."

PGL: "It's alright Henry. I didn't mean any of it either. Not a single word. It was Sutekh, forcing us to say those things, attempting to drive us apart."

HGJ: "And he damn well nearly succeeded."

PGL: "But we still have to sort out this Sutekh chap."

HGJ: "He appears to be locked in some mental battle with the Doctor. Now's our chance."

PGL: "What can we do though? How can we possibly hope to stop a God?!"

HGJ: "I do have one suggestion, but it's somewhat troubling."

PGL: "I'm open to suggestions."

HGJ: "Well, this dagger drains life energy, correct?"

PGL: "Which Sutekh siphons off for himself... wait, I think I see your plan."

HGJ: "Any better ideas?"

PGL: "Not particularly. Think it will actually work?"

HGJ: "No idea. Time to find out. Together, George?"

PGL: "Always, my dear Jago."

Sutekh: "What do you think you're doing?! You cannot defy the will of Sutekh! Stop moving!"

HGJ: "Not likely!"

PGL: "We're no longer under your influence. Your words mean nothing now."

Sutekh: "Very well, Doctor I shall simply crush your mind and deal with the humans presently."

Doctor: "I can hold out a while longer yet. Your threats don't bother me dog-brain."

Sutekh: "Humans, drop that dagger, keep away from me! Why can't I move?"

Doctor: "I'm in control now Sutekh. And I'm holding you tight."

HGJ: "This is for turning me against George!"

PGL: "And this is for Henry! Right through your black heart!"

*Sutekh cries out in agony. His life energy stolen from him, leaving him on the brink of death.*

Doctor: "Thanks, I was really starting to snuggle there. Are you two OK?"

PGL: "Nothing a pint and a good night at the Red Tavern can't soothe. Doctor, what will become of Sutekh?"

Doctor: "His own dagger will drain him of vitality, while funneling it back into him, leaving him balancing on the brink of death. Trapped on a knife edge, alive and dead almost simultaneously. Schrodinger's Sutekh, in a sense. He's not getting out of this one."

PGL: "What a tragic fate. Is there no other option?"

Doctor: "Afraid not. Osirians are difficult to kill, and he's too dangerous to let live. This works as a prison designed by his own scheme. No more than he deserves."

HGJ: "Well then, it's game, Sutekh and match I suppose. Now, I think it's time for a drink."

Ext: Red Tavern

Doctor: "Right we are, outside the Red Tavern. I've checked the dates, so there's no mishap this time."

PGL: "Thank heavens for small mercies."

HGJ: "You will be joining us, won't you Doctor?"

Doctor: "I really should get going. Places to be, people to save, that sort of thing."

HGJ: "But, it's a quaint custom of ours to raise a celebratory cup after the climactic conclusion of another cracked case."

PGL: "We won't take no for an answer Doctor. Look, ever since we met you, this you, you've been out of sorts. Now, I don't claim to understand what is troubling you, nor do I think I'll be able to comprehend what bothers you. But I do know in my medical opinion, that you ought not be alone."

HGJ: "So come and join us for a nice evening, and friendly banter. It's the least we can do."

Doctor: "Go on then, just this once."

HGJ & PGL: "Allons-y!"

No comments:

Post a Comment