Tuesday 20 September 2016

J&L: Game, Sutekh & Match (6)

Martian Pyramid

Doctor: "When I was last here, that was the me with the scarf, the pyramid was full of logical and philosophical puzzles, guarding the Eye itself."

PGL: "While I am loathe to overstate my abilities Doctor, I am partial to a good crossword in the Sunday papers. I somewhat relish the challenge of an alien conundrum, I must say."

Doctor: "Your skills won't be necessary I'm afraid. As I said, I was here before, so the locks are already broken, so to speak. Which is fortunate for us really, as time is of the essence."

HGJ: "What a relief! Er, that's to say, not that I doubted our performance at perplexing problems of course, but it is good that we save time."

Doctor: "A nice straight walk down this corridor will bring us right to the heart of the pyramid, to the Eye of Horus. Nothing to worry about, it's all plain sail.... GET BACK!"

PGL: "What is it Doctor?"

HGJ: "I had a feeling it was too blasted simple."

Doctor: "There's a service robot in the antechamber. Of course, it's the one I left here last time I visited."

HGJ: "Why did you do a damn fool time like that? Isn't this the only thing that could dampen his power, and you left one of his minions in charge?"

Doctor: "I didn't exactly have much say in the matter. Besides, the beam had been disrupted by then, I didn't think it would matter."

PGL: "Perhaps we can save this for the post Morten tribunal chaps. Doctor, did the mummy spot us before we ducked down?"

Doctor: "I'm not sure. No. I don't think it did."

PGL: "Then perhaps we could sneak up on it? Take it by surprise?"

Doctor: "We'd never get close to it  without being seen. This corridor is a series of rooms, with only one entry and exit way apiece."

HGJ: "Then, perhaps a distraction is required?"

Doctor: "Brilliant! If we can get it to turn around, we could rush him from behind."

PGL: "We could throw something into the antechamber, perhaps something metal, so it would make enough noise?"

Doctor: "It would also need to be small, so the robot doesn't notice it flying past."

HGJ: "I think I have just the ticket. This is the set of keys I use to lock up the theatre. And if I remove this key in particular... "

PGL: "Then we have our missile. What does this key open Henry?"

HGJ: "Nothing. Not anymore at least. Used to be for the lock on the dressing room door of Simon "Samson" Smith, the Strongman. Until he smashed it into splinters during a disagreement over stage conduct."

Doctor: "That'll do perfectly. Nice work Jago.

You know, an old key is a funny little thing. Mysterious. Pointless. Lacking in purpose, used all its potential. Whatever secrets it once protected gone forever. Fated to drift around, never really fitting in anymore. Except, still useful. In the right circumstances.

Here goes nothing. Get ready to run."

HGJ: "Hyaaahhhh!"

PGL: "Take this, you brutish cove!"

Doctor: "A-ha! Nobody builds service robots to last anymore. Shame really, everything is so disposable nowadays. Nobody ever fixes anymore."

PGL: "So Doctor. How do we repair this Eye of Horus?"

HGJ: "Place looks like a jumbled junkyard full of mangled machinery. Where do you start?'

Doctor: "I've saved the universe with a kettle and some string, defeated Daleks with nothing more than a teaspoon and an open mind. I've got this."

*A bit of electronic circuitry sparks and fizzes doubtingly*

No comments:

Post a Comment