Wednesday 21 September 2016

J&L: Game, Sutekh & Match (8)

Tomb of Sutekh, Side Chamber.

HGJ & PGL: "Agggrhhhhhh!"

HGJ: "What in the blazes?! Ugh, I don't feel half queasy after that."

PGL: "How nauseating..."

Doctor: "Is everyone alright? Long range transmats can be pretty disorienting. Mostly due to dehydration and worryingly low sodium levels."

HGJ: "Ah, so nothing a few pints and a meal at the Red Tavern won't cure. If we live to return there."

PGL: "A bit unwell Doctor, but nothing seriously wrong."

Doctor: "Good. Good. The worst side effects can result in body splicing. Very nasty stuff."

HGJ: "I swear you make up half the words you speak. Where are we Doctor, what happened?"

Doctor: "Ah. Well, basically, we've travelled. Or rather been transported by Sutekh, to what I'm assuming is the tomb in which he's bound."

GG: "Very good, Time Lord. Now if you'd be so kind as to come this way, Sutekh wishes to host an audience with you all."

HGJ: "George, it's that cove Galvani. Guess he survived his trip into that swirling vortex then."

PGL: "And still under the influence of his master by the looks of it."

Doctor: "We'd best do as he wishes. We don't have much choice. By the way, where's my TARDIS?"

GG: "I would be more concerned with your own safety than that of your ship Doctor. But it is safe in this prison. Lord Sutekh wishes to utilize it once he is finally free of his shackles."

PGL: "Guess we're plum out of luck then. No TARDIS, no plan, just a genocidal deity."

Doctor: "*whisper* Brave heart George. We have just learned one thing of value. Sutekh isn't yet free. I think sending that message to us and controlling Galvani is using just a little too much of his power."

PGL: "*whisper* You mean the dagger and amulet don't have enough energy to free him, because he's had to use some for other reasons?"

HGJ: "Fat lot of good it'll do. He has three perfectly good sacrifices in us."

Doctor: "Yes, that is the downside..."

GG: "If you are finished discussing your doom, please, follow me."

Doctor: "Right you are. Oh, I love this bit. Take me to your leader!"

Tomb of Sutekh, Crypt.

Doctor: "Ah, Sutekh. What at absolute displeasure it is to be reacquainted with you."

Sutekh: "Your droll waffling with not serve you now, Doctor. I am in control here, and I shall be free very shortly."

HGJ: "Not if we have anything to say about it, you cove!"

Sutekh: "Ah, but that's just it. None of you have any say. Not anymore. My powers are being restored to me, your minds shall be my playthings, your will shall be my wishes."

Doctor: "Now listen here Sutekh, you leave those two alone, they have no part in this. Kill me if you want, but do not harm them!"

PGL: "Doctor, you can't!"

Sutekh: "Oh, don't worry. The Time Lord is not in a position to bargain. Besides, you made them a part of events when you brought them with you to marvel at your brilliance, such as it is. You crave an audience to congratulate you on being lucky. No, they shall die, and you shall watch. It's time you learn the consequences of your actions."

Doctor: "No, Sutekh, please no! I'll stop you..."

Sutekh: "And how do you intend to stop me when you cannot even move? Struggle all you want, but I'm inside your mind, holding you down. There is nothing you can do to stop me. Galvani, it is time. I have no further use of you."

GG: "As you wish, master."

PGL: "The chap just stabbed himself!"

Sutekh: "Humans do have such a talent for stating the obvious. His life force is of more use to me than anything his body could be used for. Besides, I have three perfectly adequate slaves right here."

HGJ:."Looks like this is the end, George."

PGL: "I'm sorry it had to end like this Henry."

Sutekh: "Of course, I shan't just kill them Doctor. Humanity is such a destructive race, it's why secretly they crave the outside influences of order and structure. It's why they worship what they cannot understand. Allow me to prove there destructive desires. All it takes is a little push..."

PGL: "You know Jago, you never did pay me back that five pounds you borrowed from me."

HGJ: "Is now really the time Professor? On our proverbial death bed?"

PGL: "Quite so, me won't have another chance to mention it, after all."

HGJ: "Confound it man, I don't have it on me! You know we rushed off with the Doctor without so much as a 'by your leave'."

PGL: "How predictable, Henry Jago dodges his way out of financial strife once again."

HGJ: "What is that supposed to mean? I never leave a debt unpaid!"

PGL: "Sure you don't. You just defer payment indefinitely. Face it Jago, one could probably buy a plot if land with the amount of credit you have across London."

HGJ: "If I'm going through a temporary tightness of cashflow, I can't be held responsible!"

PGL: "Oh, because your theatre is struggling? When is it not struggling? All of your entrepreneurial exploits are doomed to fail. You've blown through life on handouts, windfalls and sheer luck, not to mention the kindness of strangers, while the rest of us have had to work to get into privileged positions."

HGJ: "Oh, and you're such a self made man, are you? Born with a silver spoon in your mouth, exotic world travels since your childhood. You were born into privilege, while some of us were raised on nothing!"

PGL: "Sometimes I wonder why I even associate with you, to be frank. Your buffoonish antics are as likely to hurt an investigation as aid it. All so you can take advantage of my good nature and dine at my expense."

HGJ: "Now we see your true colours. And I'll tell you why you associate with me. You think you're so superior, you need someone to lord it over to make soothe your soft ego."

Doctor: "Please, this isn't you! Sutekh is manipulating you!"

Sutekh: "They cannot hear you now, only the sound of their own rage! Gaze on, as the pretense of civility is torn away."

HGJ: "I'll show you, you egotistical toff!"

*Jago draws the dagger from Galvani's chest, eliciting a soft wet noise*

PGL: "Right then, you brutish ignorant oaf. Lay on! Damned be he who first cries hold, enough!"


No comments:

Post a Comment