Thursday 3 March 2016

Casefile Report (1)

Ok, so, first story is finished. It was at least two parts longer than I intended it to be, but I realised I had used up more space than expected during the infodump scenes.

I don't expect any subsequent stories to launch at this rate, this was an old story whose outline has existed in my mind for years. Also, this story was entirely first draft material. I had the basic outline and just wrote it on the fly, as an exercise. Thankfully, you can expect future stories to go through a longer, more rigorous process.

In terms of what I think worked and what didn't, I found the premise and horror sections to be the least worst, while characterization and dialogue are the areas needing most attention.

If you have any feedback, positive or negative about any aspect of this blog, I'll love to hear from you. I'll leave you with a hint for the next story idea though. "Expect delightful and delectable dialogues!"

No comments:

Post a Comment